♪ (punk rock music) ♪ ♪ (rock drum solo) ♪
– (deep gasp) – (laughing) Hannah Montana. – This is my childhood. – This is my show. – ♪ You get the limo out front ♪
– (singing softly) – (both) ♪ Wah-ooo ♪ – This show is sacred to me. – I miss all of these people. – That show was my shit! Why am I watching this? – I never knew that
was her real dad until I grew up. – ♪ Would double as a sup– ♪
Did you see that swaggy turn? Did you see that? Wow! ♪ (rock music builds) ♪ – ♪ You get the best of both worlds ♪
– (singing along softly) – ♪ Chillin’ out, take it slow ♪
– (whispering lyrics) – (singing along)
♪ Then you rock out the show ♪ – Hey, a lot of guys
watched this too, okay? So it’s not just a girl show. – ♪ Mix it all together and you know
that it’s the best of worlds ♪ ♪ (song concludes) ♪
– (Hannah laughs) – That’s my childhood. (chuckles) That’s such a stupidly amazing show. – This is, like, throwback central. – It makes me kind of sad.
(laughing) I miss that. ♪ (punk rock music) ♪ – (Finebros) So that was the original
opening for Hannah Montana. – Of course it was! – (Finebros) Would you say
that you were a fan of the show when you were younger?
– I never saw an episode. I always thought it was more a girl show. – It was one of those shows
that I watched a lot, but it wasn’t my favorite show
on the Disney Channel. – I love Hannah Montana.
It was such a good show. – I was target Disney Channel audience
when this show came out. – I watched every single episode. With my Girl Scout troop,
we all went to go see the 3D movie together. – I actually went on set
of the Hannah Montana movie. I remember I was young,
and all I wanted to do was meet Miley Cyrus. – I watched the first episode when it aired, and I watched the last episode
when it aired… so, yes. – ♪ There’s always gonna
be another mountain ♪ – (both) ♪ I’m always gonna
wanna make it move ♪ ♪ Always gonna be an uphill ba– ♪
– ♪ Dun dun dun ♪ – Sometimes I’m gonna have to lose ♪ – Does that answer your question? – (Finebros) So for those who don’t know,
what is the general plot of Hannah Montana?
– Hannah Montana is this ordinary girl. – She’s got her best friend,
and they would go on these adventures. – She was living a double life
as a super star and a regular girl, but when she’s a super star,
she put on a blond wig, and no one knew for some reason. – If they tried to make
a show about that now, I’d think it was really corny. – It could probably still
be a good show today, but it’s just the nostalgia that makes all the shows back then a bit better. – (Finebros) So we are covering this
on the show because Hannah Montana debuted
on the Disney Channel back in 2006.
– Wow. That’s weird. – Oh my god! That’s crazy. Ten years? – (Finebros) Making it about
to have its ten year anniversary. – It’s a ten year anniversary?! – That’s weird! I don’t like that at all. – (Finebros) How does that make you feel? – I am so old! – It makes me feel old. – Oddly, old. – I’m 14, but I feel old. But I’m NOT old, but I feel old. – That was my childhood,
and so much time has really passed and it makes me think
of how fast life really goes by. – (Finebros) This show is known
for having a lot of catchphrases and interesting dialogue,
and we have a few here that we’re gonna show you.
– Oh boy! (rapping table) Let’s see them. – (southern drawl) You know what they say,
every now and then even a blind pig snorts up a truffle. – (laughing) What? – (disingenuous laughter) Hillbillies. – (snickers) I don’t remember that one. – Billy Ray Cyrus, what a man. – (Miley) Yeah, it’s about
as stupid as a vegetarian havin’ breakfast at the Beef N’ Waffle.
– (chuckling) What? – That’s not even clever. – It’s typical Disney! – I don’t remember this. They sound so awful. – (Robby) I’m so ranky,
I taste my own stanky! – (chuckles) It’s weird. Like, I don’t remember
their southern accents being that thick. – It just rhymes. It’s not– oh my god.
I thought they were so much more clever. – Is this show worse than I remember? – Don’t make me annoyed with
one of my favorite childhood shows. – (Jackson) Yee doggy!!
– Okay, I’ve heard “yee doggy” before. – (giggling) I remember.
– (Robby) Yee doggies! – (Miley) Yee doggies! – It’s weird how much
I remember all of these. – It kind of makes me cringe. You don’t realize how weird
the acting is when you’re young. – (exaggerated accent) Yee doggy!
– (cracking up) – That was pretty good, huh? – (Jackson) Dang flabbit!
– I remember this one. – (Miley) Dang–
– Dang flabbit! I remember that one. – (Jackson) Dang flabbit!
– Dang flabbit was always my favorite. – That was pretty good.
That was good. (laughs) – This catchphrase– (groans). – (Miley) Bam! – (together) Bam! – (Miley) Bam! – (Lilly) Bam! – (Miley) Bam! – Bam? (chuckles) – That was iconic. Iconic. – Lilly and Miley are friendship goals. – (Robby) Sweet niblets! – I remember this one too. – (Jackson) Sweet niblets! Sweet niblets! – Is it bad they’re all so cringy? – (Jackson, whining) Sweet niblets. – (Robby) Sweet, nutty niblets! – Oh, I miss these. – What is a sweet niblet? – When they’re about
to say a catchphrase, you know because they go, like, so deep south. – I think they were wannabe
hillbillies, like low-key, I think that was the point of it,
but obviously they’re not. (laughing) – (Finebros) So let’s talk
a little bit about Miley Cyrus. When she played Hannah Montana,
could you ever have imagined her having the image that she has today? – No. – No way.
– No. No. – Of course not!
No, she’s crazy now. – This little girl on an innocent
Disney show for kids has now turned into Wrecking Ball. There’s no correlation between the two. – I couldn’t have imagined it,
but I’m fine with it. – We didn’t understand how she felt like because we just saw her
as Miley Cyrus on this show. We didn’t see her as
what she thought of herself. – (Finebros) So, real quick,
as it is ten years later, let’s take a look, side-by-side,
of the images of the actors from then to now.
– Okay. – Oh wow. Oh my gosh, Miley looks beautiful. – I think that’s the most
normal picture of Miley Cyrus that I’ve seen in six years. – Lilly, improved. – Mitchel definitely looks way older. – They all look like
they’ve matured nicely. They grew up. – They’re all cute,
but they’re just grow up now and it’s so weird to think about. – Here’s one more.
– What the heck? – (cracking up) – I feel like everyone just made
wrong decisions with their hair. – I don’t even know Rico’s name,
but he looks like a [bleep] boy now. – The terrifying thing is Jason Earles
still looks exactly the same. – (Finebros) So Jason Earles,
who played Miley’s 16 year old brother, was actually 29 years old
when the show was starting. – Wait, what? – Wow, that’s so weird! (laughs) – Wait, that means he’s 40 now! – He’s, like, almost the age of my dad. – That’s ridiculous! There are people who
would kill to look that young. – (Finebros) So what do you think
the legacy of Hannah Montana is in mainstream culture?
– I think it’s gonna be known as a really, really good Disney show. – Hopefully, it’ll live forever. – 30 years down the line,
there’ll be some new form of social media, and 16 year olds will be like,
“Like if you remember Hannah Montana,” and, “Only true 2000’s kids
remember Hannah Montana.” – Honestly, it’s Miley Cyrus
that people will remember. – People are just gonna look
at Miley Cyrus and just be like, “Remember when she was like that?” – Our generation kinda
still admires the show. We all know that we enjoyed it a lot, and, honestly, if you were to play it
we’d probably all sit down and watch it again. – (Finebros) Finally, there is a trend to bring back old TV shows these days. So would you want to see a reunion
of characters from Hannah Montana? – Of course! – I’d love to see that. – I think it would be cool. – Yes, I would, just to see
if Miley Cyrus does anything. – I would love if they managed
to do a complete reunion with all of the things that
they’ve done since, being in continuity. – I don’t think it’s really time
to have a reunion. – I’m just a firm believer
in don’t fix what isn’t broken. It was a good show and we should
leave it at a good show. – I get the spin-off shows and stuff,
but there needs to be new stuff. Not everything needs to be rehashed. – (clang!)
– (Finebros) Truth! – Thanks for watching
this episode of Teens React. – Let us know in the comments
what old television show we should react to next. – You want to have the best of both worlds? Like AND subscribe. – Dang nabbit! This episode’s over. But see you next time. – (southern drawl) Bye. Bam! ♪ (punk rock music) ♪