♪ (upbeat theme music) ♪ – (FBE) Today we’re gonna see
how well you know 2000s anime. – So none. (giggles) I don’t watch anime. – I have never watched anime in my life. So I’m not gonna know anything. – (suppressed squeal) I’m so happy!! I’m a pretty big anime fan. – All right. I’m pumped. That was my life. I live for anime. – (FBE) So we’re gonna play you
intro sequences from the shows and see if you can identify them.
– All right, let’s get it. – Sure, let’s do this. I’m gonna be very bad at this. – I think I can only name like two,
but we’ll see how it goes. – I feel like I should be okay
at this. Hopefully I am. Here goes nothing. ♪ (quirky interlude) ♪ – ♪ Hirogaru yami no naka
Kawashiatta Kakumei no chigiri ♪ ♪ Dare ni mo jamasaseru wake… ♪ – Death Note. Heck yeah. – There’s, like, a lot of heaven
and hell stuff going on. – God, it’s so dramatic. – Oh, this is Death Note. – ♪ …kagayaku sekai wo ♪ – Man, the intros for anime
are always so weird. – Death Note, I think? – Oh? Notebook. Death Note. – (FBE) So do you know it?
– I don’t. – Was that Death Note? – It’s Death Note. – (FBE) So this is the theme
from Death Note. – Death N– I have heard of Death Note. – I was like, “Could it be Death Note?” And then it showed
a little notebook at the end. I was like, “Gotta be.” – All I know is from a Smosh parody, how you write down a name
in this book, and they die. – (FBE) Death Note is a series
about a high school boy who finds a notebook that will kill anyone whose name is written in it. Some states in the U.S.
have tried to ban this anime, and China actually succeeded
after its students started creating death notes
of their own at school. – If only I could have one. (snickers) – This isn’t what’s gonna
make someone kill anyone. That’s your problem, man.
That’s not the anime’s problem. – My friend has a death note, actually. She wrote my name in it. But, um, too bad I’m dead inside already. ♪ (quirky interlude) ♪ – ♪ Tsuyosa! ♪ – Naruto!! Yes!! – Naruto. – Naruto. This is Naruto. – ♪ We… will… rise! ♪ – Oh, look at them go. – Feel like I’ve seen these
as little comics before. – Oh god, I always wanted
to be her, with the pink hair. – ♪ Tsuyosa! ♪ – Oh my gosh. You don’t know
how happy this makes me. – I even watched
the filler episodes of Naruto, which apparently
is something you don’t do. – (FBE) Do you know it?
– Is it Naruto? – It’s called “Naturo,” right? – This might be, like, Naruto. – It’s Naruto. – (FBE) This is the opening of Naruto. – (proudly) I got it right. See, my instincts are,
like– they’re pretty good. – I used to shamefully
run in track like this. It was really cringey. – (FBE) The series was so popular that part 2 of the Naruto manga series was adapted into the anime
Naruto: Shippuden. With these two series combined,
there are over 697 episodes. – That’s a lot of animation. – That obviously is a super-popular show. And it must be good.
I should probably watch it. Yep. (gloatingly)
And I’ve seen all of ’em. You know how your parents
teach you about life? I learn about life through Naruto. ♪ (quirky interlude) ♪ – ♪ Maybe you’re my love ♪ – Oh my god! I love this show so much! – ♪ A hand like yours… ♪
– Is that a girl in the middle? – (singing along) ♪ …with a kiss ♪ ♪ We can stop time,
and I’ll fall in love with you ♪ – ♪ In a beautiful… ♪
– Looks like private-school kids. – ♪ …always fall in love ♪
– What is this? – I have no idea what this is. – It has to be High School something. All Asian animes
that revolve around a school are High School something. – (FBE) So do you know it?
– I don’t know it. – Rose High School. Let’s go with that. – High School Love. High School Sweethearts. High School Cupid. – Ouran High School Host Club? – The Ouran High School Host Club! – (FBE) This is the opening to
Ouran High School Host Club. – I’ve never heard of that. – The main character’s a girl,
but she’s dressing as a boy. It’s a fair– I actually liked it. – See? There’s always
a High School in there. I feel like it was more maybe
catered towards small Asian girls. But you know, you never know.
I might enjoy it. ♪ (quirky interlude) ♪ – ♪ Kimi no te de ♪
– What? – ♪ Kirisaite ♪
– I have no idea what this thing is. – It’s a robot hand. I was trying
to figure out what that was. – Yeah, okay. This is the original
Fullmetal Alchemist. – Wait a second. I’ve seen
that character before. – This all seems so familiar. – ♪ Saa Ai ni kogareta mune wo ♪ ♪ Tsuranuke ♪
– Man, why can’t I remember what it’s called? (sucks air through teeth) Zoinks! – I’m just gonna say Gilgamesh. Feel like that’s the right answer. – (FBE) So do you know it?
– I do not know where this is from. – Soul Eater. That’s what I’m going with. – Fullmetal Alchemist, not Brotherhood. – (FBE) So this was from
Fullmetal Alchemist. – Fullmetal Alchem– ‘kay, I heard of it. – Oh, Fullmet– I think
I’ve watched some of that before. – In my opinion, it’s probably
the greatest anime of all time. Really good anime.
Oh my god. So many feels. ♪ (quirky interlude) ♪ – ♪ Miageta yozora no
hoshitachi no hikari ♪ – Ah, I’ve seen this. What is this? This is Bleach. – Bleach. I recognize that guy. – Bleach. I’ve never watched Bleach,
but I also hear it’s very good. – ♪ Itsuka dareka no mune ni ♪ – They all have such
colorful hair. I love it. – ♪ Ano hoshi no you ni ♪
– I love the music. ♪ (final guitar chord) ♪
– I don’t know what this one is. – (FBE) Do you know it?
– Not at all. – Bleach? – Yeah, that was Bleach. – (FBE) This is from Bleach.
– Blea– I’ve heard of this. – I’m familiar with the name of it.
I just never watched it. – Bleach. Okay. Why is it called Bleach? ♪ (quirky interlude) ♪ – ♪ Change into digital… ♪
– I don’t know this one. No, wait. Is it Digimon? – Digimon. I love this so much. – ♪ …into champions ♪ ♪ Digivolve into… ♪
– The Walmart version of Pokemon. – ♪ Digimon ♪
– (singing along) ♪ Digital Monsters ♪ ♪ (singing gibberish) ♪ – ♪ Digimon Digital Monsters ♪
– I used to watch this. – ♪ Digimon are the champions ♪ ♪ Digimon Digital Monsters ♪ ♪ Digimon ♪ – But the song always
gets stuck in my head. Thank you for that. – That looks some horrible
knockoff of Pokemon. – (FBE) So do you know it?
– Think I heard in the song. It said something like “Digimon.” – Digimon. – Obviously Digimon. – (FBE) This was the opening
to Digimon: Digital Monsters. – Okay. – I was about to add “Digital Monsters.” You know what? I still got it. – It had A LOT of similarities to Pokemon. – Pokemon’s competitor
that people still loved. But I mean, it didn’t
come close to Pokemon. – How did Pokemon
not file a lawsuit against them for just ripping off their idea? ♪ (quirky interlude) ♪ – ♪ Come aboard and bring along… ♪ – Okay, I recognize this.
So I just need to remember the name. – I… Pirates something. – ♪ …everything that we’re looking for ♪ – One Piece. This is One Piece. – This is One Piece. – One something. I don’t know what it is. – ♪ …my friend ♪ ♪ We are ♪
– They choose the strangest face angles. – Oh wait. Is it One Piece? – (FBE) So do you know it?
– No. – No. – I recognize it. I don’t know the name. – Yep. One Piece. – (FBE) So this was One Piece.
– M’kay, yeah. I heard of it. I’ve maybe seen an episode or two. – This guy, like, eats candy
and then gets powers? The guy who ate spinach and grows muscles. – (FBE) This is an anime series that follows pirates
in search of hidden treasure. With over 345 million copies
in circulation worldwide, it is the best-selling
manga series of all time. – Oh wow. That’s really popular.
I’ve never heard of it. – That’s incredible
that it’s lasted that long. It must be hard to think
of new things to write about. – Before I read it, my friends were like, “Okay, it’s about pirates
that can’t swim.” And I was like, “That sounds so stupid.” But then I started reading it. And I was like, “Yeah, it’s pretty cool.” – This is gonna sound really hypocritical coming from a Naruto fan,
but there’s a TON of episodes. I think like 700 episodes for them
to find one piece of a puzzle that has like a thousand pieces. Too many to watch. ♪ (quirky interlude) ♪ – Thanks for watching us
geek out about anime on the React channel. – Subscribe if you want to see
more episodes like this one. – What’s your favorite anime?
Let us know in the comments. – Bye, guys. I need to check out
more anime A.S.A.P. – Hi, guys. I’m Megan
from the React channel. Thanks so much for watching our videos. You asked for more anime.
We gave it to you. So keep those suggestions coming. ♪ (upbeat theme music) ♪