– It is time to…
– (cast) Sing it! ♪ (rock music) ♪ ♪ (upbeat theme music) ♪ – (Katie) Today we’re gonna see
how well you know modern cartoons by playing you their theme songs.
– Oh, I’m gonna do HORRIBLE. – Okay, we’re gonna try this. – I feel like that’s
not gonna be that bad. – I got a 12-year-old and a 10-year-old. And so we watch a lot of cartoons. I think I might be good to go. ♪ (quirky interlude) ♪ (animals squeak and quack)
– Birds. Animals. – Is it The Jungle Book? ♪ (instruments tuning up) ♪
(characters cheer) (whooshing) – I don’t know the name of it,
but that does sound familiar. – ♪ Come on, grab your friends ♪ – Oh, I know what that is.
That’s Adventure Time. – ♪ …lands with Jake the Dog ♪
– It’s got the ukulele going on. – ♪ The fun will never end ♪ – I didn’t realize how weird
cartoon songs or, like, theme songs sound whenever you’re not watching the actual visuals to go with it. – That’s a great show.
Weird, but I love it. – (Katie) Do you know it?
– No, I have no clue what it is. – I don’t know, but it does
sound familiar, though. – Being Tarzan and the kids? – That Adventure Time one? I have no idea. – Is it Adventure Time? – Oh, I know it’s Adventure Time. I’ve watched it with my kids,
and I’ve watched it by myself. – (Katie) This is the theme
from Adventure Time. – Is it really?! Ha ha ha! – Oh! Damn it. I really
was gonna guess that. – I know it’s like an off-the-wall show. – That’s not Adven– really?
That crazy-ass [bleep] show. I can never get into it.
I’m like, “What is this?” ♪ (quirky interlude) ♪ ♪ (upbeat cabalistic music) ♪ – (hums along) Okay,
I’ve heard this before, I think. – I don’t know why
this sounds familiar to me. – Oh, that’s Gravity Falls,
our favorite show of all time. – It sounds more action-y. – (rhythmically) Gotta get
my schoolwork done! I’m gonna be smart!
I’m gonna be a crime fighter! – That sounds like some
FBI cartoon or something. (song concludes, backwards voice whispers)
– Okay. This is very weird. – (Katie) How about this theme?
Do you recognize it? – No. – I do not know it. – I do know it. I just can’t think
of the actual name of it. – Girl Crime Fighter. – Is it Rick and Morty? – Yes, it’s Gravity Falls. – (Katie) This is the theme
from Gravity Falls. – Who? I don’t think I’ve heard of that. – I haven’t even heard of that one. – There’s a boy and a girl,
and I think it’s like a camp. And then crazy stuff ensues.
They go on adventures. – Probably in my top three of the most perfect
animated shows that I’ve seen. ♪ (quirky interlude) ♪ – ♪ We are the Crystal Gems ♪ – Okay, this sounds like some
empowering woman type of cartoon. – ♪ We’ll always find a way ♪ – I don’t know why,
but this song just annoys me. – (chuckles) The Magic School Bus? – ♪ Believe in Garnet,
Amethyst, and Pearl ♪ – And Steven! – (Steven) And Steven!
– (laughs boisterously) – Is it bad that I kinda like that song? – (Katie) Do you know this one?
– No. – No. – Steven Universe. – (Katie) This is from the animated
series Steven Universe. – Uh… haven’t seen it. – I haven’t heard of that at all. – (Katie) Even if you don’t know the show, does this theme song remind
you of anything in particular? – No. – It just reminded me
of an ’80s girl band song. – All right, educate me. – (Katie) A lot of people
and critics have said it sounds very similar
to David Bowie’s “Space Oddity.” – Oh, yeah! It definitely did. – Okay! I can see that. – Interesting. I’m a huge Bowie fan. Anything that’s like Bowie I’ll respect. ♪ (quirky interlude) ♪ ♪ (low bass sawtooth note) ♪
– Oh, that’s Regular Show. – Like a giant fart. ♪ (upbeat techno music) ♪
– It sounds science-fictiony. – It sounds like techno or space music. – Oh, this is Rick and Morty. – I feel like I should be
in an underground club. – I mean, the music sounds cool.
I don’t hear no words. – (Katie) Do you know it?
– Nope. (chuckles) – Is it a cartoon about a bunch
of 6’5″ blond Germans in an underground club in Berlin? – I’m gonna guess Rick and Morty. – Rick and Morty. I knew that one. – It’s Regular Show. – (Katie) This is from Regular Show. – I haven’t even heard of it. – No, it wasn’t! (groans deeply) – Oh, I know that show! That show is actually pretty funny. – It is on my DVR always,
because one of my sons watches it. If I need to clear some space
on the DVR, I always delete them. ♪ (quirky interlude) ♪ – ♪ There’s 104 days of summer vacation ♪
– (grumbling) I know this song. – Oh! Phineas and Ferb. – ♪ …generation is finding a good way ♪ ♪ To spend it ♪
– It’s true. – ♪ Building a rocket ♪
– Heh. Sounds kinda like Green Day. – Sounds like a No Doubt song. – ♪ Discovering something ♪ – Okay, it’s cute. – (singing along) ♪ Giving
a monkey a shower ♪ ♪ (guitar riffs) ♪ – ♪ ‘Cause Phineas and Ferb ♪ ♪ Are gonna do it all ♪
– Oh. Aah. Phineas and Ferb! – All right. I think I can get this one. Is this Phineas and Ferb? – (Katie) This theme song–
do you know it? – I know it, but I don’t know–
(sighing) Oh god, this sucks. – Phineas and Ferb. – Phineas and Ferb, yeah. – (Katie) This is from Phineas and Ferb. – I was trying to listen to the song. Like, I was trying to sing it
with it. (chuckles) Get it? – My kids, they used to watch it a lot. – Been watching that for a long time too. – It was one of those cartoons
that I enjoyed as well. When the children were watching, I would sit down and take a break too. ♪ (quirky interlude) ♪ – (man) Earth. Fire. – Definitely sounds
like anime kind of song. – (man) Water.
– The elements. – (man) Only the Avatar…
– Uh, Airbender? – (man) …all four elements
and bring balance to the world. – It’s not Captain Planet. – Avatar. I knew this one! – It’s not Avatar: The Last Airbender, which is the show that I watched.
It’s the newer one. The one that starts with a “kuh” sound. – This one, do you know it?
– Avatar? – Avatar. – The Windwalker? The Wind– Airbender? – I do know it, but I don’t
know the actual title. – The Legend of Korra. I knew one! – (Katie) This is from
Nickelodeon’s spin-off of Avatar, The Legend of Korra.
– Oh, son of a biscuit eater. Seriously? – Korra! Sheeeiz-oh. I knew it. (chuckles) – (Katie) This series has been praised for its portrayal of gender, race,
and strong female characters, particularly its bisexual hero, Korra.
– Bisexual? Interesting. You should start teaching
that to kids from a young age. I never understood why
we need to shelter them for so long. – Which is freaking awesome. I love that. More shows should be like Legend of Korra. – Korra in the end hooks up
and gets her lady. So that was awesome. And that I know about because I read about it
all over the Internets. ♪ (quirky interlude) ♪ ♪ (punk rock music) ♪ – Okay. It’s kind of
rock and roll vibe to it. – All right, this one’s groovy. ♪ (tempo quickens) ♪ – I gotta have that just stink face. ♪ (drum solo) ♪ – (Scooby) Scooby-Dooby-Doo! – (gasps) I heard Scooby-Doo!
Is it Scooby-Doo? – (Scooby) Scooby-Dooby-Doo!
– Oh, Scooby-Doo? (giggles) – That’s Scooby-Doo!
(Scooby voice) Ruh-roh, Raggy. – (Katie) So do you know it? – I guess Scooby-Doo because of the song. – Scooby-Doo. – Obviously Scooby-Doo. – (Katie) This is the theme song for the last iteration of Scooby-Doo called “Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!”
– (scoffs) He always was, so why reiterate it? – I’ve heard of that. – Scooby-Doo was one
of my all-time favorites. It’s a classic. – I heard the new
Scooby-Doos are pretty bad. Compared to the old ones.
I loved the old ones. – I used to like it back in the day. It’s how I got my son
to eat certain things. I would call his chicken
nuggets Scooby Snacks. – (Katie) Since the characters
were introduced in 1969, there have been 12 different
Scooby-Doo television series and over 15 movies. Naturally the characters’ looks
have changed over time as well. – Okay. Please tell me
Shaggy’s still a stoner though. – (Katie) Here’s what they look like now. – Oh yeah, they’re just going
a little bit funkier with the art. But you can still tell who they all are. – Family Guy meets Scooby-Doo? – They don’t look the same. They look more like computerized. – Oh, hell no. I don’t know like how Freddy looks. – Was Fred in some form of an accident, now he’s paralyzed from the waist down? That leg-to-torso ratio is really off. ♪ (quirky interlude) ♪ – Thanks for watching us
try to prove that we’re hip to modern cartoons on the React channel. – Want more? Then subscribe.
There are new shows every week. – What are your favorite cartoons? Let us know in the comments below. – (as Scooby) Ruh-roh, looks like
I don’t know my cartoons. Rye! ♪ (upbeat theme music) ♪