(Hello, everyone!) ようこそ、TwoSet violinです。
(Welcome, it’s TwoSet Violin) Today… 今日…
(Watch anime—) We will be watching— Anime violin playing. Yes. We’ll be reviewing just how good of a job animes do, in depicting and animating violin playing. – So it’s something that we found often shows up in anime.
– Mm-hmm. And we will be your favourite internet violin detectives… …and rating them. Duolingo bird! *snickers* What? Alright, so we’re gonna start from… …some of the more dodgy ones. Dodgy ones. *snickers* It’s an anime called “Violinist of… Let’s see. Wait, what…? Is that the violin? They just froze the image, they didn’t even bother moving it. – It looks like a cello on the wrong side of the violin.
– Yeah. We’re supposed to hold on this side, but they put it on the right side. Look at the hand! – Dude is this…
– It’s not even… Look at that bow angle. He’s holding the tip of the bow or something. Oh we should get a violin. Okay, so… Before we even talk about the animation, the music they hear is in a violin register. But it’s a cello. Cellos are like a good 1, 2 octaves lower. On the fricking wrong side. And then you can’t see the frog, so you gotta hold the bow like this. *sigh* Unfortunately, we do not have a cello to demonstrate. – That is so…
– That’s it. – I guess it looks epic, but it’s so…wrong.
– It looks cool, but it’s so impractical and wrong. And then also this thing. Yeah. – All the fingers are like…bent.
– Up curled. – Like…the joints are collapsed.
– Yeah And it’s thumb—oh! (Both) The thumb is on the hair! Yeah, and the thumb is also front of all the fingers. *sigh* This is just the first one. – It’s the same shot! But faster!
– It’s the same shot! Wow, piano and flames! Dude, he’s powering up with this music! Where’s the orchestra coming from…? – Whoa!
– *chuckles* – The power of music, guys.
– Yeah. Amazing. Just have one shot doing this. Oh man. Oh, Conan! Dude, this one’s old school. This is my childhood. Oh here we go. *laughs* Whoa…!!! Whoa…! – Whoa…!
– *hysterical laughter* Why is the violin moving like this? Oh my God, that was so spastic! It’s meant to look like this. Not… Dude, that movement…her elbow! Oh wait, wait, let’s go back. It’s like… – There’s no, like…and it goes like this, her bow’s like this,
– Yeah…! Like up there… and her bow’s like this. And she’s shifting like up and down. – Oh…nice try guys, what’s the next part?
– Oh man…let’s move on. Oh my God…! So bad. That is actually so true. Yeah, I just…I just casually do that. I’ll be on the phone to Brett, when we’re talking about like, video ideas, I’ll be, “Oh wait….” – “Si—So—B—G—ah, that was a B flat.”
– *laughs* So dumb. – “Sorry, it just went down a bit. It’s distracting me.”
– “Sorry I just had to, just had to.” Violin solo? 流石です！
(As expected!) Oh, Misaka-san. Dude, it’s on her fingerboard. Come on. And her frog—oh! – Dude…
– I think they just animate the movement, back and forth, – Yeah.
– up and down, disregard the actual playing. That’s so budget! – Oh no…! It’s sliding…!
– Dude, it’s…! (Both) OHHHHH!!!! OHHHH!!!!! What is that?! They should have just stuck to up and down! It was like okay, then she went… Purposefully like stabbed the bow front. – And she started doing this kind of like…this motion.
– Oh… Guys, between the fingerboard and the bridge. Rule number one! Keep it straight! Oh man…and the left hand didn’t move at all. The left hand didn’t move. Her left hand didn’t move, they didn’t match the…oh. – Oh. D string…
– Oh, looks alright. Wrong string though. Oh but she got the right string crossing here. – Nah, okay.
– Oh, right position. (Both) Vibrato! Whoa!!! Upgrade! Yes! Okay. – Alright.
– Hey, it’s getting better. Yeah, the bow’s not right but it’s getting better, – like, the syncing.
– Yeah. – It’s a little bit more legit.
– There’s a chin rest, at least. Yeah. – It’s…
– Yes. – Between the fingerboard and the bridge, yes!
– Oh, yeah! – Perpendicular.
– Wrong string…! – Oh no, it’s the right string! It’s the right string!
– A string, yes! – They got the right string!
– 3rd… – 3rd position, 4th position.
– Yeah! Whoa. – That’s right guys, violin stops all evil.
– Dude! Even the bow stroke, is like… Her forearm opens… Thank you. Wow, amazing. – That’s my face right now.
– Yeah. Wow. – Nice work!
– Wow… Princess PreCure. – You…
– “PreCured” our… – Soul.
– Yeah. Alright, so the next one is of course, Your Lie in April. This one is pretty legit. Kimi no Uso. – Wow.
– Yes…! Beautiful! Oh…! – Chords! Whoa…!
– Wow! That’s amazing! The right finger pattern! – No wonder it’s one of the most popular ones.
– Oh…! Because they got it right! Spiccato [on] right part of the bow. Retake as well. (Both) Ohh!!! E! Whoa! Hair flick! Vibrato. The body movement also works with the music. Yeah. It makes sense. Oh, man. That’s amazing. And if you haven’t yet seen it… – Check out our parody, yes.
– Yeah. Unfortunately it’s blocked in some countries, because… Even though it was technically a parody so it shouldn’t be blocked… And it wasn’t even their music, we recorded [it] ourselves. But… To illustrate how legitimate the animation is… – We did a comparison.
– That’s right. Now we can’t finish this without of course, Nodame Cantabile. – Dude, it looks like CGI!
– Dude, it looks legit! The… Whoa!!! Whoa, the “duh”… The first finger vibrato! Violin looks CGI. Oh, so handsome. Edward Elgar. – Violin Sonata.
– They even showed the piece. The bow changes looked a bit funny to me though. – Yeah it’s…
– Oh it’s… – It’s not exact but… it’s got…
– But it’s pretty good. Same, like… – They’re attempting to get the same notes and changes in strings.
– Yeah. – That looks right.
– That looks legit. – That was right…yeah the left hand…
– The left hand…the left hand was like… This one. – The shift—oh, the B!
– Ohh!!! Yeah, okay. This is pretty good guys. Nodame’s pretty good. Oh… Wow, the last three are all pretty pretty good. Your Lie in April was still my favourite though. Well, it seems like if they at least just get… …the right string, and the… – Bow changes. And the posture needs to look just…
– …bow changes, that’s already like… – Semi-legit.
– Yes, semi-legit. Doesn’t need to be a cello on the wrong side. Anyway guys, what do you guys think of the anime? Have you guys seen them? Are there any other animes we haven’t featured you’d like to see? Check it out and subscribe and like the video. Thank you. Practice.